100% Biogas Powered Brewery Developed by Carlsberg
(Bioenergy Insight) Beer maker Carlsberg’s brewery in Falkenberg, Sweden, is now powered 100% by biogas and green electricity. The move has reduced the brewery’s carbon emissions from thermal energy and electricity to zero.
The Carlsberg Sverige brewery in Falkenberg has been been using green electricity for several years, with 26% of the thermal energy coming from biogas generated from the brewery’s own wastewater. The remaining 74% had come from natural gas, but this has now been converted to biogas in cooperation with energy supplier Orsted. Certificates ensure that the biogas supplied to the grid has replaced an equivalent amount of natural gas. READ MORE