Soybean Checkoff to Partner with Nine Clean Cities Coalitions
(Jackson County Times-Journal) The United Soybean Board (USB) and soybean checkoff have announced the participants in the 2012 biodiesel and Bioheat® communications program, which helps cities across the United States spread the word about the only commercially available advanced biofuel.
The soybean checkoff will partner with nine U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)-affiliated “Clean Cities” coalitions to increase the availability and use of soy biodiesel and heating-oil-alternative Bioheat through promotion and education. The Clean Cities program serves as a government-industry partnership sponsored by DOE and has more than 90 local chapters across the United States. These chapters work in their local areas to reduce petroleum consumption.
…Clean Cities Coalitions participating in the 2012 reimbursement program include:
• Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition (partnering with Alabama Soybean Producers)
• Greater Washington Region Clean Cities Coalition (partnering with Maryland Soybean Board)
• Iowa Clean Cities (partnering with Iowa Soybean Association)
• Kansas City Regional Clean Cities Coalition (partnering with Kansas Soybean Commission)
• North Dakota Clean Cities (partnering with North Dakota Soybean Council)
• Triangle Clean Cities Coalition (partnering with North Carolina Soybean Producers Association)
• Twin Cities Clean Cities Coalition (partnering with Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council)
• Virginia Clean Cities (partnering with Maryland Soybean Board and Virginia Soybean Board)
• Yellowstone-Teton Clean Energy Coalition