Rally with Governor John Carney on the Renewable Fuel Standard
(CGCN GROUP) Please join Governor John Carney (D-DE), Congressman Donald Norcross (D-NJ), other elected officials, union leaders, and employees of PBF Energy, Monroe Energy, and Philadelphia Energy Solutions on Monday, November 13th to call on President Trump to fix the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and protect well-paying jobs for East Coast refiners and manufacturing workers.
The Delaware City refinery supports more than 1,000 local jobs and contributes $6.8 billion annually to Delaware’s economy. Collectively, the PBF, Monroe, and PES refineries support tens of thousands of jobs in the greater Delaware Valley. Unfortunately, a flawed federal program is preventing all three from creating new jobs in the region.
The RFS requires independent refineries to demonstrate that renewable fuels are blended into our nation’s gasoline supply, even when they don’t have the capability or resources to do so. This system subsidizes large, multinational oil companies at the expense of independent, local refineries. Unfortunately, President Trump’s EPA recently indicated it would abandon a series of much-needed reforms. Fortunately, the Administration still has time to reverse course. President Trump can-and must- fix this deeply flawed law!
Please Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or to ask for more Information
WHAT: Press Conference and Rally to Call on President Trump to fix the RFS and protect local manufacturing jobs.
WHEN: Monday, November 13 at 10:00 am
WHERE: Delaware City Refining Company, Administration Building 4550 Wrangle Hill Road, Delaware City, DE 19706
- Governor John Carney (D-DE)
- Congressman Donald Norcross (D-NJ)
- Delaware City Mayor Stanley Green
- Senator Nicole Poore, DE State Senate Majority Whip
- Ken Gomeringer, USW Regional Representative
- Kevin Herbein, USW Local 4-898 (Delaware City USW President)
- Jim Maravelias, President, Delaware Building and Construction Trades Council, AFL-CIO
- Matt Lucey, President PBF Energy
- Jeff Warmann, President & CEO of Monroe Energy
- Jeff Coleman, Refinery Manager, Delaware City Refining Company