nova Session on Technology of the Future: Carbon Capture and Utilization (CCU) — September 18, 2018 — Cologne, Germany
What makes the utilization of CO2 attractive? Which role will CCU play in the sustainable fuels and chemistry? nova experts discuss possible options of CCU technologies, latest developments and the political framework.
At the same time are renewable energy from solar, wind and hydro becoming cheaper each year and the latest plants at favourable locations are already at the same price level as fossil energy sources and even below. A perfect situation for combining cheap and abundant renewables with carbon utilization to store energy, to produce renewable fuels and chemicals.
- Is a reduction of CO2 (with a lot of energy) always necessary?
- Are there other ways to utilize CO2?
- Which technologies for CO2 utilization are already available?
- On which Technology Readiness Level (TRL) are they available?
- Which are the first applications for CCU? Which pilot, demo and commercial plants are already in place?
- Which are the leading countries, companies and institutes?
- Which role will CCU play in the Renewable Energy Directive (REDII) and the Emissions Trading System (ETS)?
- Economic and environmental assessment of CCU technologies.
- How will CO2– and Bio-based Economy interact?
nova Sessions are a new, interactive and informative series of events around topical issues of the bio-based and CO2-based economy organized by nova-Institute. READ MORE