Missed Today’s Town Hall with Sec. Chu?
by Ginny Simmons (Energy.gov) During the event, Secretary Chu highlighted several parts of the President Obama’s clean energy and innovation agenda:
• Ending taxpayer subsidies for fossil fuels so we can increase our investments in clean energy by a third;
• Creating three new Energy Innovation Hubs;
• Putting one million advanced technology vehicles on the road by 2015;
• A “Sun Shot” initiative to make solar energy cost-competitive with fossil-based fuels before the end of this decade; And
• An ambitious new goal of having 80 percent of America’s electricity come from clean sources by 2035. READ MORE (includes video)