Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy & Sustainable Solutions — December 1, 2017 — Crystal City, VA
Join Leaders in Energy for the 4th annual Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy & Sustainable Solutions awards and holiday event.
We are excited about our 2017 Four Generations of Leadership in Clean Energy awards. Our theme this year is “The Urgency of Now.” We will recognize those people who have fearless ideas and are taking bold action to help our society make the shift toward clean energy and sustainable solutions and move toward the goal of a more sustainable economy and community. Leaders in Energy will recognize multigenerational leaders in the workplace, e.g., Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer, and Traditionalist/World War II at its 4th annual Four Generations Awards and Holiday Event on Friday, December 1st from 6 – 9 pm in Crystal City, VA.
Ticket includes program, heavy appetizers, and beverages and great networking with our Leaders in Energy community, sponsors, and awardees.
Contact John Gaffigan, Director of Membership and Sponsorship for sponsorship and partnership opportunities at email@example.com
Read more here about our past Four Gen events and awardees.
Nominated by members of Leaders in Energy and selected by our Leaders in Energy Four Generations Nominating Committee, the awardees are:
- Millennial: Camila Thorndike, Carbon Pricing Coordinator, Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and activist in the “Put a Price on It” DC campaign in Washington, D.C.
- Gen X: Lori Arguelles, President and CEO of the Alice Ferguson Foundation in Maryland, which promotes environmental education for policy makers as well as students
- Baby Boomer: Kam Ghaffarian, Ph.D., Founder, X Energy, LLC, a nuclear reactor and fuel design engineering services company that is reinventing nuclear energy to be safer and more sustainable; and
- World War II/Traditionalist: Louise Meyer, Co-founder of Solar Household Energy, dedicated to enabling families in villages and refugee camps in developing countries to cook with solar energy as an alternative to foraging for firewood.
- In addition, Leaders in Energy will present a Lifetime Achievement Award to S. David Freeman, eco-pioneer and author. Freeman has provided progressive leadership to major public utilities coast to coast. Under President Jimmy Carter, he shaped an efficiency-based energy policy. His most recent books include “All Electric America: A Climate Solution and the Hopeful Future” and an autobiography entitled “The Green Cowboy: An Energetic Life.”