Global Advanced Biofuels Scale-Up Summit June 22-23 Washington, DC
ESTABLISHING A GLOBAL REGULATORY, FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL FRAMEWORK FOR SCALING UP ADVANCED BIOFUEL PRODUCTION
Multiple next generation biofuel technologies are being developed to produce more sustainable biofuel options including celullosic ethanol, biobutanol, algae biofuel, BioDME and many others.
These advanced biofuels are reaching the stage where in order to meet ambitious international production targets it is vital that producers scale up their technology beyond demonstration plants, to be fully commercialized.
To do this it is necessary to get access to capital for scaling up the technology from both governments and the private sector, and put in the regulatory framework to create a global market for advanced biofuels.
The mission of the Global Advanced Biofuels Scale Up Summit 2010 is to help create a global consensus on how to establish the regulatory and financial framework for commercializing advanced biofuels and how to scale up the technologies to meet the market once its been created.
The creation of such a market is a global challenge that will require a global solution: this summit will offer solutions from governments, investors and advanced biofuels producers and end users from both sides of the Atlantic.
Multiple U.S. and EU government departments will be joined by:
- Venture capitalists
- Major oil and chemicals companies
- The leading global advanced biofuels producers
- Future end users in the automotive industry
These stakeholders will be meeting to determine how they can work together to create the financial, regulatory and technical foundations for scaling up the production of advanced biofuels.
Speakers at the summit will be:
- Explaining how to optimize the chances of getting government funding for scaling up advanced biofuel production
- Determining what specifications and criteria companies must achieve to attract capital investment from the private sector
- Giving practical case studies from real life experience in advanced biofuel demonstration plants to determine how to achieve a technical process that represents an investable proposition
- Analyzing progress being made on scaling up advanced biofuel conversion technologies
- Understanding what progress is being made in creating a market for advanced biofuels
- Delivering practical solutions for securing a stable feedstock supply chain for commercial scale projects READ MORE