Using Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) as a Biofuel Feedstock
(Environmental Research and Education Foundation) Using a first-of-its-kind Life-Cycle Assessment model of biofuel production using MSW, this report includes an assessment of the environmental impacts associated with MSW conversion via landfill gas-to-energy, waste-to-energy, and gasification/Fischer-Tropsch. How current infrastructure could be used to support an MSW-to-biofuels industry is also explored using North Carolina as a case study.
This free report includes:
- Detailed summaries of waste conversion processes
- Comparison of environmental impacts of waste conversion systems
- Case study of current waste management infrastructure
- Estimates of biofuel production potential
- Key observations regarding siting and feedstock for biofuel production READ MORE