Summer Institute for Climate Change Education — June 26-28, 2018 — Collegeville, MN
Join a network of teachers from across the country dedicated to bringing science, critical thinking, and problem solving about climate change into the classroom!
PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Hear from experts and scientists on their research on climate science and climate change solutions
- Engage with hands-on activities that help bring climate change concepts into your educational setting
- Dive deep into Climate Generation’s Next Generation Climate curriculum, a six lesson, interdisciplinary, middle school climate change curriculum that has students investigate the cause of the global temperature change, research the major repercussions of climate change, and find out how they can monitor and minimize those repercussions
- Experience St. John’s University’s 3,000 acre Arboretum, the largest solar array in Minnesota, LEED certified buildings, and much more
- Network with other passionate educators who are incorporating climate change into their teaching