Update from the International Sustainability & Carbon Certification Association
(Task 39) Around 140 guests followed the invitation of ISCC to the first General Assembly and discussed the status quo and development of sustainability certification with speakers like Ron van Erck from the European Commission and Dr. Hans-Jürgen Froese from the German Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection. ISCC gave a positive summary after one year of operation: “Since the beginning of 2010 we have issued worldwide 170 certificates and trained more than 250 auditors. That’s an important contribution to climate protection and biodiversity”, explained Norbert Schmitz, the Managing Director.
The first certifications of Jatropha farms and processing units in Brazil and western Africa in compliance with ISCC are currently in progress.
All presentations and a list of attendees are now available at the ISCC website.
- Biomass and Sustainability – Developments in Germany
- ISCC – State of Affairs One Year after Take Off
- Experience with Sustainability Certification in Practice
- Review of Sustainability Certification from a Trader’s Perspective
- Sustainability Certification of Ethanol Production Facilities
- Sustainability Issues to be Addressed – the Point of View of an European Association
- Credible Certification Systems – the Point of View of an NGO
- Sustainable Soy Production in Brasil – the Case of Nova Mutum