Home » California, Education, Events, Executive Training, More Coming Events, University/College Programs
UC San Diego Extension’s Microbial Fermentation Workshop — August 16-18, 2017 — San Diego, CA
Developed in partnership with UC San Diego's Division of Biological Sciences, this 3-day workshop is designed to provide a deep dive into bioreactor principles and bioprocess development. You will be equipped with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to design, develop, optimize, control, scale-up, analyze, and troubleshoot your fermentation processes. Five case studies allow attendees to practice what they have learned. A “Fermentation Firing Line” provides a lively, open ended forum for attendees to pose questions to the instructional team on any fermentation-related subject.
Who Should Attend?
- Understand the biological principles behind microbial metabolism, growth, and genetic modification
- Review the principles behind bioreactor design, operation, monitoring control, and scale up
- Learn how to improve fermentation performance through statistical design and analysis of experiments
- Learn a structured approach to downstream bioprocess design
- Learn how to carry out economic analysis of bioprocess operating and capital costs
- Solve real-world, industrial fermentation problems
The workshop is intended for scientific, engineering, and business professionals with some prior fermentation-related experience.
- James Golden, Ph.D., Professor, UC San Diego
- Jeff Lievense, Ph.D., Senior Engineering Fellow, Genomatica
- Jon Hansen, Ph.D., Sr. Technical Director, DSM
- Tim Dodge, M.S., Sr. Staff Scientist, DuPont
- Michael Japs, Director, Commercial Technology Development, Genomatica
- Jason Ryder, Ph.D., VP Process R&D, Hampton Creek READ MORE