- Department of Energy Recovery Act Funding
- Use FedConnect to Get Detailed Information about Government Funding Opportunities
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada Manages Advanced Biofuels Fund
- Biorefinery Assistance Program (loan guarantees)
- Bioenergy Program for Advanced Biofuels Payments to Advanced Biofuel Producers
- Biomass Crop Assistance Program
Information about permanent funding opportunities appears on this page.
For details about specific grant and funding announcements, click on "Grants/Funding" in the categories list along the right margin of each page.Recovery.gov. It will be updated as needed, so check back frequently for the latest information. The DOE and the U.S. Department of the Treasury announced $3 billion in direct payments in lieu of tax credits that will be made available to biomass energy production facilities, as part of the stimulus bill. The funding makes direct payments to companies that place in service renewable energy facilities beginning January 1, 2009. READ MORE FedConnect is an online marketplace where federal agencies post opportunities and make awards via the web. Because ALL projects are listed, it helps to know the name of the program that includes items of interest to you. Click on "Grants/Funding" in the categories list along the right side of the page for articles about specific named government funding projects. Anyone can view public postings without registering. However, registered users have added benefits including the ability to electronically submit responses to the government directly through this site. READ MORE Funding Information READ MORE The purpose of this Biorefineries section is to assist in the development of new and emerging technologies for the development of advanced biofuels, so as to:
- increase the energy independence of the United States;
- promote resource conservation, public health, and the environment;
- diversify markets for agricultural and forestry products and agriculture waste material; and
- create jobs and enhance the economic development of the rural economy.
- technology that is being adopted in a viable commercial-scale operation of a biorefinery that produces an advanced biofuel; and
- technology not described in subparagraph A. that has been demonstrated to have technical and economic potential for commercial application in a biorefinery that produces an advanced biofuel. READ MORE
- Biofuel derived from cellulose, hemicellulose, or lignin;
- Biofuel derived from sugar and starch (other than Ethanol derived from corn kernel starch);
- biofuel derived from waste material, including crop residue, other vegetative waste material, animal waste, food waste and yard waste;
- diesel-equivalent fuel derived from Renewable Biomass, including vegetable oil and animal fat;
- biogas (including landfill gas and sewage waste treatment gas) produced through the conversion of organic matter from Renewable Biomass;
- butanol or other alcohols produced through the conversion of organic matter from Renewable Biomass; and
- other fuel derived from cellulosic biomass.
Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) provides financial assistance to producers or entities that deliver eligible biomass material to designated biomass conversion facilities for use as heat, power, biobased products or biofuels. Initial assistance will be for the Collection, Harvest, Storage and Transportation (CHST) costs associated with the delivery of eligible materials. READ MORE
US Department of Energy Biomass Program Solicitations
To explore current financial opportunity solicitations from the Energy Efficiency and Rewnewable Energy program, click on the opportunity titles in the linked page. To sort the list, click on the arrows in the column headings.Integrated Cellulosic Biorefineries Ethanologen Projects Thermochemical Solicitation Ten Percent Validation Enzymes Solicitation USDA - DOE Joint Solicitation Bioenergy Research Centers EERE also provides links to information on solicitations offered by the Department of Energy (DOE) and other Federal programs that may be investing in biomass and related renewable technologies. Click here.