REAP Grants Include Money for Blender Pumps
by Holly Jessen (Ethanol Producer Magazine) A total of $16 million in investment for 244 projects received funding from the USDA’s Rural Energy for America Program, including several blender pumps and a few biomass-related projects. The program offers funding to farmers, ranchers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems and energy-efficiency improvements.
…Grants for ethanol-related projects include:
* $43,556, two blender pumps, Iowa, Baxter Oil Co.
* $50,000, three blender pumps, Iowa, Sperry One Stop Shop LLC
* $37,875, flex-fuel pump, Indiana, Somerset Super Store Co.
* $89,747, flex-fuel pumps and tanks, Nebraska, Jackson Express Inc.
* $39,233, flex-fuel pumps, South Dakota, Ronald Fischer
* $50,320, several flex-fuel pumps (at three stations,) South Dakota, Pump N Stuff.