European Advanced Biofuels Congress December 4-5, 2012 Brussels, Belgium
A conference like no other: A unique, high-level, interactive debate between the key parties that will drive the European advanced bioeconomy.
The European Union has as a priority aim, to build up a bio-based economy by 2020. Yet, building a European advanced biofuel industry remains extremely challenging and unless Europe is proactive, a situation of exporting fuel expertise and then importing the resultant fuel will become the norm for years to come.
The will is there. The need is present. The expertise exists. What is needed is the co-ordination. The challenges of governmental policy, finance, commercialisation and feedstock supply persist and the only way these can be solved is by bringing every part of the global bioenergy value chain together with European governments and the EC.
Green Power Conferences, the world leader in bioenergy meetings, invites you to European Advanced Biofuels Congress. We are in constant contact with the bioenergy industry both in Europe and worldwide and we understand that the challenges presented in building a European bio-economy do not lend themselves to a standard conference. No one needs to see another series of biotechnology presentations. What the European advanced biofuels industry needs is a full and frank debate between all the relevant parties and this highly-focused, senior level, interactive forum aims to do just that.
- No biotechnology presentations! A series of high-level, interactive panel debates between the key relevant parties
- C-level biotechnology leaders from Europe: what problems do they encounter in their daily business in Europe?
- Senior international bioenergy leaders: why haven’t we invested more resources into European production and what is needed for Europe to be a key market for us?
- Senior policy advisors to member states: what are our policy considerations, what are our recommendations to our governments and what do our governments want to see from the EC and the private sector
- Heads of renewable policy at the EC: The difficulties we face in developing co-ordinated, long-term 2G biofuels and sustainability policies
- Heads of project and energy finance: What do we need to see in order to approve a financing of a next generation bio-refinery?
Structure of the event
7 extended interactive debates around the 4 key topic pillars:
- Policy and regulation
- Commercialisation and finance
- The long term supply of suitable feedstock
- The benefits and problems of alternative revenue markets READ MORE
From the organisers of World Biofuels Markets, the world’s largest biofuels congress and exhibition, comes the European Advanced Biofuels Congress. This event will bring together the foremost thinkers in biofuels policy, technology, feedstocks and finance, to debate the four critical challenges to the growth of the European bioeconomy and the possible solutions to overcome these hurdles.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Philip Lowe, Director General, European Commission, DG ENER
- Esa Härmälä, Director General, Energy Department, Ministry of Employment and the Economy, Finland
- Robert Wakely, Head of Low Carbon Fuels, Department of Transport, United Kingdom
- Markus Holzer, Head of Unit, Bioenergy, Forest and Climatic Change, European Commission, DG AGRI
- Richard Spinks, Chief Executive Officer, Active Energy Group
- Andrew Owens, Chief Executive, Greenergy
- Michele Rubino, Chief Operating Officer, Beta Renewables
- Henrik Mainmann, Chief Executive Officer, DONG Energy New Bio Solutions
- Katre Saard, Member of the Board of Directors, Alpcot Agro
- Anders Fredriksson, Chief Executive Officer, SEKAB
Why you need to attend
- Debate only: no technology presentations, only meaningful, cutting edge debate from the key players responsible for taking European next generation biofuels forward
- 7 extended debates featuring over 50, leader-level experts from Europe and beyond
- The issues that matter for the industry TODAY: public policy; commercialisation of technology; finance and investment; long-term supply of feedstock; alternative revenues from biochemicals
- An intensive 2 day schedule of debates
- Enhanced peer-to-peer online networking software that lets you network before, during and after the congress
For more information and to register for the event visit www.greenpowerconferences.com/EABC