Home » BioRefineries, Books Web Sites etc, Business, Business News/Analysis, Energy, Federal Agency, Government Resources, Policy, R & D Focus, Resources
2016 Survey of Non-Starch Alcohol and Renewable Hydrocarbon Biofuels Producers
(Netzwerk Biotreibstoffe/National Renewable Energy Laboratory) The reports tracks the status of non-starch alcohol and renewable hydrocarbon projects.
What it is: Publicly available annual report summarizing U.S. advanced biorefinery projects and global trends in the deployment of commercial technologies as of year-end 2016 (CY). This year’s effort is the result of collaboration with Dina Bacovsky who collects data for and manages the IEA Task 39 database.
Who is it for: Intended for policy-makers as well as technology developers and investors tracking developments in the market.
What challenge does this address: Consolidated public data source on domestic pre-commercial and commercial biofuel projects.
What is included:
- Commercial and pre-commercial (i.e., pilot and demo) non-starch alcohol and renewable hydrocarbon projects using solid biomass
- International commercial non-starch alcohol and renewable hydrocarbon projects using solid biomass
What is not included:
- International pre-commercial projects
- Renewable natural gas projects
- Cancelled biorefinery project that were never built*
- Corn starch-based biofuel projects
- Biodiesel fuel projects
- Bioproduct projects that cannot co-produce biofuel or produce an intermediate that could be taken to produce a biofuel READ MORE